To sample a poem from my recently published collection – available from http://www.blurb.com/b/4591664-mapping-the-wilderness – listen to me reading –
Approaching Sixty, I See That … https://soundcloud.com/joanvinallcox/at-midlife-i-see-that – Hope you find it meaningful, and perhaps buy a copy of my collection.
Courage at eighty is different from at twenty
But both ages carry their future constantly –
A fearsome thrust into an unmapped wilderness.
To carry your future at twenty is to seek
The wilderness because it must be mapped
… Read more Mapping the Wilderness
So maybe I’m boasting, but, as a product of the mid 20th century North American educational system, my high numbers on SlideShare make me feel good ;->
… Read more SlideShare Fun
Online identity is increasingly important, and this slide presentation by Steve Wheeler of Plymouth University lays out a framework fr thinking about it. The video by Kelly Holborow, a few frames in, is informative and beautiful –
Presentation of self in digital life from Steve Wheeler
… Read more Online ID
When obligations collide, my heart unfolds.
I try to read what is written for tomorrow
without my glasses. I must decide.
This slippery road leads me into strange spaces.
The centre collapses unexpectedly, but the periphery
may knit into a new street view. I search.
Steering blindly by what is yet hidden
I try to avoid the road rages of others
and drive cleanly into the mystery. I meditate.
May 1, 2013 –… Read more When Obligations Collide
I’ve just finished reading a very exciting book about social media. I loved it because it –
- covered social media from the basics of what it is and how it’s affecting us
- described the most well-known examples of social media applications
- gave examples of the power and reach of social media
- revealed how virality happens
- warned against the inherent dangers in social media
- clarified how social media makes money
- analyzed the impact of customers using social media on brands
- spelled out the current state of social media marketing and business
- called for using social media for Social Good,
… Read more Social State – the E-Book
I know that language is constantly changing; we don’t talk or write the way Shakespeare or Jane Austen did. Language evolves over time. The most important aspect of language use is that the meaning is clear.